Here’s the role: Senior Sales Account Manager with latitude to shape company account strategy and expand our footprint in the northeast. Here’s the catch: How much do you care about local food and farms? Do you contribute to sustainability and food security in your community? If you do, and those qualities are important to you, let’s talk Big Wheelbarrow.
As a sales account manager at Big Wheelbarrow, you’ll focus on our grocery retail customers and other key stakeholders (farms, wholesalers, grower shippers, brokers, etc) to extend and improve our local food supply chain platform and surrounding partner ecosystem. It’s a big job, and it’s not for everyone. But if you’re still reading at this point, and interested, here’s what we’re looking for:
You will make an impact by:
- Working closely with our customers in the region to visit stores, solve problems and develop new business
- Employing active listening and thoughtful questioning strategies to investigate and identify customer pain points our platform is positioned to address
- Proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating customer needs on an ongoing basis to ensure continuous improvement to the customer program
- Cultivating relationships with new customers, farms and brokers
- Identifying opportunities for new revenue and growth, working with our business development partner on converting account growth opportunities
- Developing and managing valuable and complex programs for extending our business in key accounts to new grocery categories
- Managing the client relationships at the tactical and execution level
- Understanding and utilizing all software, e-mail task management and desktop applications used by the Big Wheelbarrow team
- Developing and achieving strategic revenue and profit objectives
- Consulting with product owners to identify efficient and effective ways to extend our software platform to capture and delight new customers
- Establishing and managing business plans, proposals, pricing models, contracts, operations reports, SLA tracking and any other pertinent documents to support key assigned accounts
- Creating formal business reviews for assigned accounts
You could be a fit if:
- You demonstrate strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with others and build a team-oriented environment
- You have the sales acumen and desire to build the relationships through growth and identification of new opportunities
- You have a demonstrated ability to compile and analyze data into meaningful reports and presentations
- You make recommendations supported by data for account changes, gaps or improved performance to meet the required goals
- You are adept at providing clear and concise directions to cross functional departments on projects, customer correspondence, deadlines, and all other action items required in customer account development
- You possess understanding of the grocery supply chain and grocery retail environment
- Your work history displays broker management experience as well as customer service and relationship management skills
What’s the team like?
We are a company of four founders supported by a small team. The Senior Account Manager will be a key hire for us in 2022 and will be a full-time employee in the Buffalo, New York area.
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and with our referring broker partners. This role will be key in developing and executing our expansion in existing accounts as well as providing on-the-ground support for new accounts. The primary focus is responsible for developing, managing, and growing within customer accounts.
In this role, you will interact with the full Big Wheelbarrow team and work closely with our Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operations Officer as well as our customers.
Our company is at a point between market fit and accelerating growth. The Senior Sales Account Manager must make sales and shape the future of the sales organization.
Why Big Wheelbarrow?
Our mission is to create sustainable cities by helping grocers work with local farms and food producers. It’s the basis for creating local, sustainable food systems.
Our mission requires a smart, dedicated team. As such, you’ll have:
- Unlimited paid PTO
- Start-up New York tax-free status, which allows you to pay no New York income tax
- Competitive base plus commission
- Options in our growing company
- Time to develop, learn, and participate in entrepreneurial and professional communities like 43 North, Techstars, and others
- Workspace in Buffalo’s Seneca One Tower
- Unparalleled access to our teams’ excellent culinary and mixology skills
Interested in joining our team? Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We value diversity at Big Wheelbarrow. We will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.